Saturday, September 28, 2013

Chaotic & Inverse Channeling Feats I've made

Hey everyone!  Sorry I have not posted an NPC lately.   As I said my last post, I've been having terrible migraines lately, so it's been very difficult to get onto the computer.  When I get a migraine, I get horribly light-sensitive (like a Drow).  So instead of posting an NPC that I'd just throw together without putting much thought into him or her, I think I'll share two feats I came up with for clerics with the Luck or Chaos domains (and their subdomains) to use.

Please let me know what you think.  I feel they would add some fun flavor to these types of characters.  :)



Chaotic Channeling
You never know whether your deity will allow you to channel positive or negative energy.
  • Prerequisite:  TN or CN alignment, channel energy class feature, Worship a deity with the chaos or luck domain (or one of their subdomains). The deity must also be TN or CN in alignment as well. 
  • Benefit:  Your connection to a deity of the chaos or luck domains makes your ability to channel energy unstable. Each day while preparing your spells, roll 1d4. On an odd number, the energy you channel that day is Positive Energy. On an even number, it is Negative Energy. This also means that you either can cast Cure spells or Inflict spells spontaneously. 
  • Normal:  You have to choose whether you channel positive or negative energy at character creation.

Inverse Channeling
The deity of chaos or luck wishes you to keep a balance of Positive or Negative energy.
  • Prerequisite:  TN alignment, channel energy class feature, Worship a deity with the chaos or luck domain (or one of their subdomains), Chaotic Channeling Feat. The deity must also be TN in alignment as well. 
  • Benefit:  When you roll 1d4 each day to determine whether you channel Positive or Negative energy, your ability to spontaneously cast Cure of Inflict spells is the opposite. In other words, if that day you are channeling Positive energy, you can spontaneously cast Inflict spells; and vise-versa. 
  • Normal:  Both your ability to channel energy and spontaneously cast Cure or Inflict spells utilize the same Positive or Negative energy instead of the reverse. 




No comments:

Post a Comment